Tuesday, May 5, 2009

If Only I Had Known

If I had only known the road would be so long
I would have danced a little slower
I would have sang a different song

If I had only known
when I was young and free
I would have made so many different choices
Taken better care of me

If I had only known
the road would be so long
I would have stood in the rain longer
Moved far away from here
Walked on a beach in the moonlight
Watched the sun set into night

It is not for me to know how long the road will be
I need to thank God for the blessings
He has indeed bestowed on me
I will dance a little slower
And sing a different song
For God is traveling by my side
He has been there all along

~by Julie Pendergast ~

2 comments:

  1. Good work on this blog. I linked here from Heart 2 Heart. Congratulations on the praise given to your blog by Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! :)
    I am glad you got the chance to stop by! I don't work regularly on this blog - this one is more hit-&-miss. Please visit my other blog at http://wheresinabounded.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete