Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Meeting With God At Night

As the wind blew through the night,
I walked through the forest with
A sense of majesty all around me.
I looked through the trees and saw
The penetrating moonbeams. They
Seemed to hold a power – not their own,
Mind you, but a borrowed power too great to
Explain. There was no singing of the birds,
For they had rested their wings in their
Nests for the night. I was alone. God’s
Glory was not dimmed by the darkness,
But illuminated. I kept walking
Though; I had a meeting with God and
I could not keep Him waiting.
I walked the entire pathway alone. Yet,
God’s creation seemed to keep me company. It was
Almost as if I was with God Himself. It
Was so tranquil; so serene; so beautiful.
I had met with God. I was not alone.

© Heather Vires 2004, all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment